Thursday, March 12, 2009

Seasonal Bread.

I think you know by now that I like the bake. And since Ive shared seasonal recipes thus far, I have a new favorite. My little sister gave up sweets for Lent so I had to get creative when baking for her lacrosse game this past weekend. I turned to 1o1cookbooks (one of my favorite sites) and found this yummy and savory zucchini bread. I was thrilled when it was gobbled up on the tailgate table by the girls in no time, and already have a list in my head of people to bake it for :). This interesting recipe features curry powder - a very unexpected in a zucchini bread, but a delicious surprise, and perfect for early spring; not aggressively summer (think strawberry or rhubarb), but not heavy and wintry. Above is a bowl of walnuts, poppy seeds, and crystallized ginger. I know, sounds like everything but the kitchen sink, but YUM. You can find the recipe here.