Monday, December 22, 2008

Longer Days.


The good news is we've passed the shortest day of the year! Its all blue skies (almost) from here baby. But since there is always a silver lining I thought Id share an email that was sent to me after my post about liking 08. I'm hoping this friend doesnt mind that I shared this after he/she said he/she wanted to write privately. but it was such a nice thing to read, and I thought everyone else deserved to hear as long as I protected her/his anonymity :). Christmas lights and American flags in lights are great reasons for short days.

"Anyways I wanted to respond to your latest DM post, but didn't want to broadcast it publicly. I walked by the New York Stock Exchange a few nights ago because someone told me it was worth the walk (its a little farther away than my normal subway stop). I was awestruck. There is a beautiful tree, and the NYSE itself is lit up with lights to look like the American Flag. It literally took my breath away- and I stopped, and stared like every other tourist, and even took a picture that is now the background of my cell phone. Its so funny because the last few days I havent been able to stop thinking how blessed I am, and how many GOOD things happened in 2008. I'm glad you are on the same page :)"