Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Gap

Once upon a time (or a pink sparkly dress) I hated The Gap. I was too young to count to 100 but old enough to think those window displays in Suburban Square screamed attack of the nerds.
A few short years later, and I loved the Gap. I even asked, "Mommy, did the Gap change or did I?" Still a favorite line of my parents, and while I don't remember the answer, I do believe in hindsight it was I.

In recent years though the Gap feel off the fashion wagon. They went from being a cheaper option to a bad option, with poorly chosen hues, boring cuts, and misplaced cheap looking detail (sorry guys!). So the last year or so that Patrick Robinson has been at the helm I have loved seeing the changes. On my flight back from LA, I even ripped out a magazine page with great gap bags, jeans, and vests. Could it be? In the midst of our financial woes we can add the gap back into our feelgoodaboutyourself shopping rounds? I hope so. I've been meaning to get to a store and see for myself. And that says a lot, because I haven't been meaning to get to a gap in about ten years... Can't wait to try some of it on!
[photo courtesy of nymag.com]