Sunday, February 22, 2009

Oscar Winners.

And I don't mean little statues. I mean dresses. And winners plural is stretching it, I must say I was disappointed. Very disappointed. Above we have Natalie Portman. Her fantastic bubblegum pink/almost purple strapless dress with a lot of bodice detailing (not sure who it is) is fresh and fun, and she looks clean and beautiful. Her hair pulled off her gorgeous face is perfection. But I have to be honest, on better red carpet years, even this might have been a little lost in the shuffle. Instead it is cream of the crop.
However, I think my real winner is one that I am sure no fashion focused show will be talking about. She is our Robin Roberts, Host of GMA. For starters, this orange is stunning on her. The cut looks fantastic on her very in shape bod (look at those arms!), and is a gorgeous cut in it's own right. As someone who finished chemo and radiation less than two months ago she looks healthy, strong and happy. Her hair is far more striking at this length (and I rarely, I mean rarely defend shorter hair on women) than before her treatment began. And without going off on too much of a tangent, I commend her for picking such a simple classic shape and fabric (very similar to this jcrew dress) when SO many red carpet hosts seem to be drawn to very prom-dress/Miss-America-gone-wrong numbers. Good work Robin. YOU get the DM golden hanger award!