Friday, July 13, 2007

Neon City

Look at all these Neons pop! Shannon and I cant get enough of this throw back to the eighties that has been all over the streets – hence recent scarf top colors – bubblegum and cobalt reversible, yellow and emerald, navy and red (these guys are almost sold out, and while that combo doesn’t sound neon they’re both the neon version of themselves) and orange and peach (peach is toned down but that orange is pure). Fit right in with all these hip chicks spotted around the streets in yours… And as it is such a small world – I found this page flipping through the August Elle Magazine last night and immediately thought of our scarves. I brought it in to show Shannon this morning, and as I’m scanning the page more closely (I was so thrilled to see the bright colors I didn’t even look at the individual people) there at the bottom of the page is Miss K-Fai Steele! A fellow Bates grad and a fellow Studio Art major! We even went on our freshman year orientation trip together – canoeing down the Saco River, and she showed us all how to make a camel shadow in the sand. K-Fai certainly has the right idea with her neons :) -- and its a "global trend" folks.