Friday, February 22, 2008

Snow Angels.

I went to buy my 25 cent newspaper yesterday and walked out of the shop with a $15 "Elle Collections" review of the spring shows - NYC, London, Milan and Paris collectively - by British Elle. I just couldn't help myself after I thumbed through a page or two. Research is my eternal excuse. Anyway, I must have missed the Sonia Rykiel show online, because I turned to this page and was blown away by this beautiful spread. This mass of boas, ruffles, sheerness, and simple delicate pale color comes together as the ultimate femininity. Each girl looks like she would float down as softly as the snow outside, each precious piece unique from the next like those dear flakes. I admire the bravery it takes to commit so firmly to one look or one feel (even with such a proven name). While I've always liked her, I think this spring collection is fabulous. Kudos, Sonia!