Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Sun Sun Mr. Golden Sun.

Can't you just feel this light on your face? I know I'm a little preemptive. We are supposed to get snow tonight. But I'm on the edge of my seat for spring. I am counting down to March 9th (spring forward), and I incessantly (if not oddly) check sunrise and sunset times on the web. In case you were wondering, it rose today at 6:44 am and is setting at 5:34 pm. That is past my insanely early dinner reservations! (early movie, I swear). Monday on our return from Vegas Shannon and I did a little spring cleaning in the office. It's a whole new space...meaning you can't write your name in the coffee table anymore. And spring is popping up on the website too - monday was office spring cleaning, today has been web. You can check out the beginnings under tops - and tomorrow we'll have dresses too! It won't be complete though, because we have a few delivery dates. I've been so anxious for spring that I bought daffodils for the office. What is a bigger sign of spring than these sunshine flowers? They appear at delis and I can instantly smell melting snow, see crocus bulbs sprouting at the top of my childhood driveway, feel the chill of wearing warm weather clothes a bit too soon, and see girls with buckets and buckets of them as they raise money for cancer research in the Penny Lane pick-up line at AIS. I stop and smell the daffodils every time I walk by them and they lighten my mood. So as I wrap myself up in my scarf and hat tonight I'll be checking off one more day until March 20th (first official day of the season), we're less than a month away! And in the meantime - check out the lunar eclipse tonight - they say it should be visible from Manhattan, and the next one isnt until 2010.