Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Star Struck.

I think they say you can consider yourself a New Yorker when you've lived here for 7 years. So I'm no technical New Yorker, but I, like many here, pride myself on not making a big deal when I see famous people. Inside I cheer because I feel like this city is a total game of Where's Waldo, but on the exterior I am calm, cool, and collected. Last night though I almost became pretty not cool. Walking home from dinner at Grey Dog's Coffee (where else?!) I glanced at Our Lady of Pompeii Church on Carmine only to make accidental eye-contact with Chris Robinson. My heart skipped a beat as my head whipped back to see him high-fiving Ryder as they chilled on the steps and ate ice cream. Way too cute. I grew up in love with Chris and the Black Crowes-even going to their shows with all of the super skinny, long haired, fringed jacketed fans (I don't think I stuck out at all). Anyway - just had to brag. Last night was the perfect summer night. Hope you were out enjoying it too.