Monday, November 10, 2008

Changeling.



I saw this with my father last night. Definitely one of the more disturbing films I've seen in a while which I was not expecting. I was actually sort of scared I wouldn't be able to sleep. Anyway, what struck me in addition to how upsetting it was, was a. that Angelina Jolie is one of the most beautiful women on the face of the earth (I would like to look like that with bright red lips and that hat on please), and b. that I think the '30s, '40s fashion in this film will have a big influence in upcoming seasons. I was certainly eating up every ensemble Ang sported. Its funny how things like this work their way onto the runways but they certainly do. Vera Wang and others being influenced by HBO shows like Deadwood is why we see the neck ruffles and collars etc that we do right now and for the last few seasons. Ive been reading about "Paris of the Orient" as an upcoming trend. When they talk about the Orient Express and other art deco-ish type things there is a lot of this forties fashion. I think this movie will help push that even more. And of course, kudos to Clint Eastwood for another job well done.