Thursday, January 29, 2009

RIP Domino Mag.

It is easily one of my favorites. In my top three I would venture to say. A well curated room is like a perfectly put together outfit or a seamlessly orchestrated dinner party. Each feels effortless and perfect at the same time. An impossible combination, yet accomplished often by those talented makers that just get it. To be honest, it is not often I see this in fashion magazines in terms of clothing ensembles. I would say I see it much more often somewhere like the sartorialist than I do on the pages of Vogue. Domino, however, for its little life, did this flawlessly with rooms. One of my favorite contributors is Rita Konig. Above is her bedroom. She took sheets (tough to see here - they have little hearts all over them from one of the most expensive lines known to man) from something I would see and actively dislike, to something I love. I want those sheets. In combination with this all school cabin plaid blanket and the muted granny wallpaper Rita has one of the coolest bedrooms I've seen. And SO effortless looking. Like I might walk into a friend's grandparent's house and see this. She mixed three patterns and made them look simple and good. So how could Domino fold?? What is next?? My heart broke when our PR girl emailed us the news yesterday AM. How will I ever finish decorating my apartment??