Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Cook for the Cure & Pass the Plate Please!

I saw this concept a month or so ago in one of my many cooking magazines and have been stalking the kitchenaid website ever since for this plate. I think its such a great concept, and an innovative way to keep the message and fundraising going. The idea here is that you buy a plate for $25, and you register it with Kitchenaid. Next, you cook something to serve on the plate, and pass it along to a loved one, a neighbor, a colleague. The new owner records the donation on the register and repeats. Every time the plate is passed, and it is acknowledged online, Kitchenaid donates $5.00 to Susan G. Komen. I've been a baking fiend lately, so I can't wait to get my flour covered paws on one of these.. Or maybe multiple, and start a few plates on their merry ways - perfect during holiday season when no one wants to show up at a party empty handed!