Monday, October 6, 2008

Looking Forward

With fall officially here (down vest on today- REALLY looking forward to hats!) it's easier to think about next fall. I'll let you in on a little secret - Shannon and I (and the rest of the design world) subscribe to trend forecasting. It can come in the form of presentations, mailings or websites. This helps me to know what trends are on the horizon so that we can mold them or interpret them to be Dakota Martin. When I first learned about this while working at Kenneth Cole it seemed silly and very arbitrary to me. But the more I learned about it the more legitimate it seemed. There is a ton of research done looking at current trends, current affairs, and the global mood that help determine what's in and what's out. So I've been perusing the site we subscribe to today to let some of it sink in. This image was in a collection of images used to present the color "oil green" Love the color (the water behind her), love the image!