Monday, October 15, 2007

When He's Right...


... He's right. And trust me I hate to admit it. Well, maybe not in this case because him being right highlights the superiority of our product. But usually Ill argue any side of an argument to try to prove him wrong. My father this is. He's pretty sure (and trust me when I say this goes beyond any confident assertive person you know) that he has, through his extensive reading, quick mind, and discerning eye, become pretty much all knowing on every topic under the sun. This obviously extends to fashion. I can't even recount all the phone calls Ive gotten with lightbulb ideas for our line. Naturally when we decided to make a men's polo shirt he had his two cents for us. And by two cents, I mean a polo shirt from every line on the market, and what the highlight of that particular shirt was -- be it fabrication, collar length, shoulder fit, etc. He had his ideal shirt figured out down to the square inch. If you're curious what the total of that equation is, check out the DM men's polo. He wears one almost every day, and cannot tell me enough times how right he was with all his chosen details.

While Shannon and I have decided its not quite the right time in our line's growth to go down the road of a men's line, we do love having something to offer guys and we couldn't help but get a kick out of this article in GQ. According to this little piece, not only would Arnold Palmer, the "Elvis Presley of sports," Love our polo for its slim cut sleeves, but GQ agrees with our whole cut - "A polo shirt should be formfitting. It's sleeves should hug your biceps, and its body should fit snugly around your torso." Just like Michael Sall requested it.