Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Cape Town.

I'm obsessed with this place. Everything is beautiful, there is wildlife everywhere and the people are so nice. This is the back of our Hotel's main building - it is one of the more beautiful hotel's Ive stayed in, and every turn in its lush forest of a backyard is like a nook in a secret garden. I feel as though you could come up with a cast of characters and write a play just based on this facade. I love the stark white with the deep wood shutters and the brilliant purple flowers. I'm off to have breakfast there right now :) - including the freshest fruit I have ever had in my life.

The wildlife is incredible! We very unfortunately dont have time for any game parks but here are some Penguins from a beach on the coast - South African penguins - who knew right?! These little guys are kissing. I decided not to post the X rated picture of what they were doing a minute before.




And we had a baboon sighting driving away from Cape Point in the Cape of Good Hope Nature Preserve thanks to Nance's eagle eyes. He had the sweetest face (though they say thanks to humans unlawfully feeding them they're not so nice), and really blended in with the straw grass behind him - we were sad he was alone though - where are his buddies???

Today we're off the Stellenbosch - a wine region here - should be tasty :) More on that tomorrow.