Thursday, April 3, 2008

DM at Recent Weddings.

Does it get better looking than this? Becca Schettler found our watermelon colored Liza dress at Darling in the West Village, and we helped her locate a few extras so that she could use them as her bridesmaid dresses. We certainly think this a great idea - adorable (rewearable) cocktail dress + sweet color + summer wedding = great match. But she just sent us pictures and its better than we could have imagined! (for more look at our "photos" section of the website). The couple is gorgeous and so is the entire wedding party. I'm not sure I would have been smart enough to dress the groomsmen in black in the summer, but it looks fantastic with this pink! I can't get over what a perfect set-up this orchard looking setting is with these colors and styles. This should be in Martha Weddings!!
And this past weekend I was at a wedding in Naples Florida for my friend Denise Yerger who married Drew Tyler. Look at this adorable shot of them on the beach as the sun set (courtesy bridesmaid of Deirdre Lydon).
I had a super fun time dancing the night away with friends old and new, and in the action shot below you can sort of see the one-of-a-kind DM dress I wore, using the Liberty silk we used for other pieces this spring. Keep your eyes peeled for a similar body next spring. (and P.S. Check out the fancy dip of the bride and groom stage right, my father doing the "Elaine" which left him sore the next day, and my sister in a bridesmaid dress - this could be the last time she agrees to it).