Monday, July 7, 2008

Interiors.

I'm in the process of moving so I have interiors on my mind. For instance, I was in Nantucket for the 4th, at an amazing dinner at Lola 41. Eating yummy sushi, drinking delicious wine, and chattering away with my friends, and what do I take a picture of?? The faucet in the bathroom. Cool though, right? I also made Jodi take a picture of their sangria - breathtaking pale wine color with deep blueberries and apples. Wish I had it to show you. But in all seriousness interiors speak to me like clothing does. They are artistic canvases that you should use to surround yourselves with beauty and personality. Things that comfort you and speak to you. It's not about materiality or showing off. I've also been lusting after Jill Malek wallpaper since seeing her on Daily Candy. I'm thinking about aphrodite or flux for a bathroom?? Love that she is a local Brooklyn designer! Here is a few swatches of her paper from her website -