Thursday, July 10, 2008

Our Dearest Alana.

Sometimes I like to share the faces behind Dakota Martin (think Renee, Jenny, Laurie, the list of people we could thank goes on and on), but today I want to share/thank the face OF Dakota Martin, our tireless, sweet, giving, model-who-isn't-really-a-model, Alana Aaron. For the past 4 seasons Alana has willingly volunteered her Saturday afternoons off from teaching at a public elementary school in Co-op City (that's the Bronx) to smile for countless hours in a windowless studio for the good of our line and our brand. Her Julieann Moore / J Crew looks are priceless and she fits in our samples like they were sewn onto her bod.I tell her over and over again that she is the greatest and the best and that we can't thank her enough, but she brushes it off like it is no big deal, and words don't really do the trick for the thanks we owe her. I met Alana here in NYC when she became Jenny's roommate, through friends. She has been a dear to me since, and one of few girls I truly count on the list of close friends I have met post college. Here are just a few of Alana's shining moments from past seasons. Tomorrow we're kidnapping her, Jenny (hair/makeup), Ports (photographer), and Teacake (team DM pup) to Jamestown Rhode Island (my favorite spot on earth) where we will shoot spring 09. DM is long overdue for a lifestyle shoot and we thought there is no better place. Thanks Lana for being so giving with no expectations. You're the best!