Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Dear J Crew,

Excuse the sloppy picture but this dress I bought from you last summer is so voluminous I had trouble cramming myself in a corner of my room to fit it all in my viewfinder. I want to say that this is one of my most favorite purchases ever. I love finding an article of clothing you either wear relentlessly for a couple seasons until it's lifeless (and by lifeless I mean gross), or one that you pull out randomly season after season and love. It can be $5.00 or $500.00 but it becomes priceless. That is this dress. In all its impractical glory (90 layers, drags, and weighs about 50 pounds) I love wearing it. Something you did when you cut this linen was genius - I legitimately get stopped by nothing short of 8 strangers on the streets to tell me what a great dress it is every time I wear it. This is NOT a reflection of me - certainly doesn't happen in any other garment I wear - this is a reflection of you. Likewise, I am obsessed with this dress from your site :
However, I can't spend $1200.00 on a dress. Both can be worn casually and formally, and both are so very darling. Here at Dakota Martin we strive to have those repeat offender pieces. I hope someday someone tells me they wore something to death of mine with love.


Best,
Lizzy