Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Gold or Golden??


Sunday I was showing off that I knew all twelve days of Christmas by heart and singing it to some friends. They actually all looked genuinely impressed - despite my bad voice - until I held the extended gooollllllllld rings. I heard a few ewws, and got a glare or two, and was told that it is Golden. Which I know. But I thought it was a tomato, tomato situation - which ever suits your fancy... Apparently not. Apparently gooollllllld is as offensive as I would find it if someone used the word Tomato-soft a, not tomAto. Or why does Martha Stewart (and I say this with the disclaimer that she is my idol) say Herbs - H pronounced, when the rest of the world says erbs? ApEricot vs apricot? Or what I always get yelled at for - pronouncing won more like juan than one. People are finicky and funny about pronunciation, and my word of advice this month is to belt out GoldEN rings, not gold - if you don't want any Grinch death stares.


And in honor of 5 goldEN rings, we're putting the Laurie Dress on sale for $123.00. If the price tag accompanied with 5 goldEN rings is a little daughting for your bank account, this jeweled piece is the clear answer - for a fraction of the price you can get your true love jewelry and a dress in one. Clear winner.