Monday, May 12, 2008

Boston.

My apologies for the lack of end-of-the-week posts last week. Shannon and I took a car trip up to Boston to do a little research. Instead of sitting behind a computer Thursday and Friday we were hitting the Beantown pavement checking out different neighborhoods, and seeing what they were all about. An area new to both of us is the South End. A friend graciously walked us through a rainy afternoon giving us a grand tour. I wish I had my camera with me (I didn't even have an umbrella) to capture the sweet tree-lined brownstone blocks with shops and cafes sprinkled throughout. There were red brick sidewalks, and vibrant lime-green leaves rustling in the wind. I loved it! My two favorite stops were Fromaggio Kitchen (above). It was an adorable crowded market with delicious looking cheeses, oils, vinegars, produce, wines and chocolates. I could have spent all afternoon reading labels. I picked myself up a delicious bottle of organic wine for the weekend. The second was Looc (below). Looc is a new boutique with a contemporary, but still sweet and girly selection. The two owners have done a great job editing their inventory for clear stories and standout pieces. And the interior was absolutely gorgeous. (Now all they need is some Dakota Martin).


And while we didn't have a chance to stop in -- South End Buttery looked like a super cozy, very gourmet neighborhood coffee and pastry shop (though I would be willing to travel for this one). This picture from their site really made me want to be there on a day like today.