Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy Place.


One of the women on my radio alarm this morning informed me that a Harvard study found that fresh flowers were an actually mood elevator for women. Now, I mean, I pretty sure I didn't need Harvard to tell me if you polled women on the street on whether or not flowers made them happy they would say yes. But perhaps these researchers were measuring something more scientific. In light of that I thought I would share my two places here in the city that I have deemed my "happy places" (prior to this Harvard business). One I walk through (with a big inhale) and one I walk by (with a big sigh, knowing it is not in my budget). But if you ever find yourself walking through the village and you need a mood booster I recommend stopping in the Chelsea Market (9th ave between 14th and 15th) and taking a walk through their wholesale flower market refrigerator of fresh cuts (deep inhale), or walking down W10th (just east of bleecker) and checking out the window if VSF (Very Special Flowers!). They're breathtaking (Bouquet above is from VSF site).