Friday, August 1, 2008

Hoodies and Hats Again.

Again on a friday I'm mentioning our new hoodies and hats... But they are being revisited for a few reasons. First, they are now available to be purchased on the website . So go nuts. Above is the first new hat to be worn on the town by my dear friend Reed last night in Manhattan (I will say he had many compliments on it, and many girls stealing it off his head which I was told by a panel is not "funny" or "cute" so back off from the hat and hoodie stealing move girls).
And more importantly, we received this email from our dear Jenny this week -
I am looking to purchase a "grade set" of novels to teach as my first novel with my 9th and 10th graders. The book is called Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson and it has great literary value as well as important moral and ethical ideas that my co-workers and I are very excited about sharing with our students. As many of you know, NYC public schools just took a huge budget cut and our only option was basically to dig through the book room and use "leftovers"since a new set of books costs over $1,000. However, we were really excited about teaching this book, and we've decided that even if we can't meet our goal of getting 90 copies donated, it's worth shooting for this goal because we feel the value the students will get from it will be worth the effort. I'd be so grateful if you could even donate one book---I can promise you pictures, thank you cards and hopefully some stellar essays and projects to follow.

Thanks!! If you wish to give a copy (OR A SET!:) of the book, please visit my donation site at
http://www.donorschoose.org/donors/proposal.html?id=196780&zone=0

We obviously encourage you to visit this site and donate a few books to her classroom. But also in light of this Shannon and I decided to chip in by donating a portion of each hoodie/hat sale to help Jenny buy books. When we become a Prada, we'll go ahead and buy the set without batting an eyelash... but for now it is baby steps. Every penny counts, so buy a book, buy a hoodie, buy a hat, and Shannon Jenny and I thank you!! Enjoy the weekend :).