Monday, September 15, 2008

Erin

Fashion week rolls on in other cities and I can't even keep up with the New York shows. I'm thinking there is a good chance I get even farther behind with Coterie starting tomorrow so I wanted to give a few parting thoughts on last weeks events. While I can't claim to have looked at EVERY show, my award for the best show of the season goes to Erin Fetherston. She really knows who she is, and stays within such strict guidelines for herself, and yet manages to be inventive and incorporate trends. That to me, is the most successful show. She has a face and a personality, but she is not stagnant or boring. The looks are fluid enough to play off of a new season's highlights. There are a series of formal dresses I could have done without at the end. But just the same, the were very her-very feminine, very soft, and very ethereal. Here are some looks from the show. (I would like to say also though, that as I said before I think Marc Jacob was the best I have seen out of him in years, and I loved Jenni Kayne and 3.1Phillip Lim, for many of the same reasons I listed for Erin above. Go to style.com to check out their shows too! All runway images taken from www.style.com).

LOVE that she came out in Navy after a show of creams, peaches, and powder blues!!