Tuesday, September 2, 2008

So Long Summer.

Shannon and I "clothes-ed" out our summer on Nantucket with a two day trunk show at Eye of the Needle, a cocktail trunk show at our friend Marla's house, and a little fun during and in between. I will say it doesn't get better than that Island, and Marla's home--right on the water in town, with the perfect green lawn, is a little slice of HeavenAs I've said so many times in the past - Shannon and I would be nowhere without the help and support of our friends and family. Diving in head first to a business like this helps to remind you of how kind the people you choose to surround yourself with are, and how hard it would be to get anywhere in life without those legs-up and cheerleading. Marla, I'm sure, understands this as she and her fiance have started their own business -- Territory Real Estate. Marla and all of her friends staying with her (thanks Amy, Erin, and Brad!) went above and beyond hosting duties to help Shannon and I. We've always said the friendships we made at Agnes Irwin are one of the most important parts of our childhood, and this is yet another example. Amy and Marla graduated 4 years ahead of us, and hanging out this weekend made us feel like they have always been the closest of friends!
So here are some pics to give you an idea. A few of the cocktail party displays, and - Loki the pup snuggling up to some DM gear.
Marla and Brad in the polos...
Bye-bye ACK! (Shannon and I were sneak attacked with a 9 seater plane - NOT expecting that one!!)
Of course its always sad to say good bye to beaches and tans, but I'm excited for fall. I walked into my apartment last night after a long subway from JFK and my living room was filled with the smell of beautiful flowers I bought last week - still in perfect bloom! I though for sure I was returning to some dried out stems so it made my night. A reminder that there is always a new burst of sunshine around the corner, even after watching the sun set on another great season ;).