Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Gateway to the West


The "Gateway to the West" - was all I knew about St. Louis before I went to visit my college friend Kelly Murphy Wittenbrink out there for an at-home trunk show. Not only has Dakota Martin clothing never ventured out to the St. Louis area, neither have I and what a pleasant surprise it was! I must have gone at the perfect time - the leaves were all changing colors and the neighborhoods were lined with red, orange, green, and bright yellow trees - I just love fall!

Kelly gave me the $5 dollar tour, which was right up my alley (not getting out of the car)! We drove into beautiful neighborhoods, which led us into downtown (reminded me a lot like Denver - up and coming), then to the water front to see the Arch, past the Budweiser plant, and back to her house again (which by the way was the cutest house in St. Louis)!

The trunk show was a 2-day event - Friday night cocktails and all day Saturday...We filled her house with DM goodies and there was a steady flow of guest. Kelly was a top notch sales rep and I would like to bring her on all my sales trips from now on :)
Kelly and her husband Patrick were excellent hosts and I cannot thank them enough for having one of the best DM trunk shows to date!



If you ask me - St. Louis is one of the most un-expecting best cities I have been to yet!