Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Who is Dakota Martin???

Who is Dakota Martin? Lizzy and I get this question a lot! When Lizzy and I first sat down to come up with a company name - we said the name should embody half of me and half of her. We started to play around with family names and I believe Dakota Martin was one of the first that came out. I don't even remember any other test run names. Dakota is Lizzy's middle name and Martin is my grandfather Martin Binder (and a long time family name passed down) and my brothers first name Martin Casey. Dakota Martin was born on September 15th, 2005 when the State of NY recognized us as a corporation as legal fiction. When people ask Lizzy and I - we always say - she is "Dakota" and I am "Martin". Sometimes stores will call and ask for Dakota...and I will always answer - "How can I help you!" DM customer service won't slow down no matter what we are called!

Today is Martin Casey's 22nd birthday - HAPPY BIRTHDAY Marty!!!

Dakota Martin is strong, classic, and (of course) a preppy chic name. DM's mission: to create special pieces for special events so that every girl can walk into a room with the confidence and poise she deserves. Their classic yet innovative looks and superior quality will stand out in any crowd.