Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Har Zion Hanukkah Bazaar


I don't think we were dressed up for services in this shot. I'm pretty sure Aunt Ellen wouldn't have let us out of the house in this, as impressed as we may have been with ourselves. My cousin Becky and I did spend a lot of our childhood together at Har Zion, from regular services to Bar and Bat Mitzvahs, we put in our time. I am somewhat of a religious mutt -half Lutheran half Jewish (Lujew), Presbyterian Youth Group... But I logged some serious synagogue hours with Beck. In fact I have one distinct memory of playing a hiding objects game in a plaque room. We got a shoe stuck behind a name plaque and were sure we were going straight to hell when the plaque came loose. I dont think I've ever told anyone. I haven't been back to Har Zion in a long time, but tomorrow Shannon and I are participating in their annual Hanukkah Bazaar. Now is my chance to give back for the loose plaque that needed to be re-screwed in the wall because of Becky's and my entertainment.


If you're on the Main Line come see us from 9:oo to 3pm, 5 to 8:30pm or Wednesday from 9am to 2pm.