Monday, November 5, 2007

NYC Marathon


Yesterday was the NYC Marathon and I know Lizzy already blogged about my birthday - thank you! :) BUT I just could not wait to write about how amazed I am by Lizzy and Jenny running yesterday. We all gathered on the UES to watch Lizzy and Jenny run past us at mile 17 and they both looked great! We anxiously awaited as thousands of people ran past us. Everyone was cheering for everyone! I just love when strangers in the city all pull together to help others out.




Some runners were dressed in full costumes. I especially like the Paddington bear runner! How did he/she run 26 miles in that costume - I wonder!?!


As Lizzy and Jenny approached us - we were not sure if we should cheer, take pictures, or cry - the whole day was an amazing experience! I almost missed this picture because I was freaking out so much!

Congratulations Lizzy and Jenny - I could not be more proud!